Tuesday, April 28

BYE BYE MAKEUP

April 27, 2009, marks the day I stopped using makeup.

My sister had been telling me all of last weekend that I should stop using makeup as she was of the opinion that:
1. Using makeup continuously everyday will cause me more skin problems; and
2. I look better without makeup.

Anyway, being the good sister that I am, I decided to take on her advice and resolved to quit wearing makeup on a daily basis (except on special occasions like attending friends' weddings. etc) and let my face breathe once again.

This morning as I got out of the bathroom, it felt really weird without makeup on my face - it was like going "commando", except it's not down under but on the face. Dan said he actually liked me better without makeup!

I argued that the blemishes and dark spots and dark eye circles on my face were now left bare for all to see, but again he reassured me that he liked my natural look better, spots and all.

It might take me a couple of days to get used to not wearing any makeup at all again after at least two years of clogging up my pores daily with all sorts of makeup products. But the best thing about not wearing makeup is that I can now liberally blow my running nose and wipe the corners of my mouth after lunch without the fear of smudging my makeup. And my face ACTUALLY feels two pounds lighter without makeup! Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment