I lent a spare mobile phone to a friend a few months ago without hesitation when he asked.
A few weeks ago, Mum asked if I had a spare phone that she could use, so I asked this friend if I could get my phone back.
He mailed the phone and charger to me on Monday and this morning I got the parcel at work. When I cut open the parcel and took the phone out, I was stunned for a moment. It looked trashed. It went out in one fine piece and came back bruised and battered.
I sent him an sms after work on the way home: "Hi J. Got the phone today. It looks pretty trashed. What'd u do wtih it? Drop it around? I'm pretty sure there weren't as many scratches when I lent it to u."
Somehow I just decided I wasn't going to say "it's okay" to all kinds of crap from people anymore.
How inconsiderate and irresponsible of someone to treat someone else's property like that. So much for a friend. And no reply from him whatsoever.
And is it any wonder why I am sometimes reluctant to lend out stuff especially to those who simply do not come across as responsible or prudent people?
Will I easily lend out my stuff to friends again? *shrug*
Depends...
oh man, wtf was that?? You should make him pay for it!!
ReplyDelete**davii**
davee...it's just some kind of friend whose true colors you won't see till something happens or you lend him/her something and it comes back totally wrecked....haha
ReplyDelete